JSA Health Telepsychiatry is pleased to announce the start of a collaboration with Valley Children’s Hospital of Madera, California. JSA Health telepsychiatrists will be providing emergency telepsychiatry consults to both the emergency departments and medical floors … including intensive care units. This effort is part of JSA’s ongoing efforts to provide emergency telepsychiatry to all age groups … child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
Valley Children’s Hospital is a 358 bed pediatric hospital located on the San Joaquin River just north of Fresno, California, USA. The hospital has a 45,000-square-mile (120,000 km2) service area covering most of California’s central San Joaquin Valley. There are more than 500 doctors on the medical staff. It is a UCSF and now Stanford affiliated teaching hospital. The hospital was the first children’s hospital west of the Rockies to receive Magnet Nursing Certification, the highest standard of nursing certification in America. In June 2015 it was announced that Valley Children’s Healthcare and Stanford University School of Medicine will partner to create a graduate medical education program based at Valley Children’s Hospital.
This pediatric hospital covers the following areas of Central California: San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced, Mariposa, Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings, Kern, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara Counties.
In 2014 the hospital had 12,695 pediatric inpatient admissions and performed 12,265 pediatric surgeries.
From the Valley Children’s Website:
The Emergency Department at Valley Children’s provides emergency pediatric and trauma care to infants, children, and adolescents (up to 21 years of age). We operate a 39-bed Level II Pediatric Trauma Center that sees about 120,000 patient visits annually. More than two-thirds of the Hospital’s patients are admitted through the Emergency Department. We have access to all of the Hospital’s pediatric subspecialties and their associated physicians.
Valley Children’s Emergency Department is staffed by board-certified pediatric emergency physicians. In addition to their years of experience in providing pediatric emergency care, our emergency specialists have undergone a minimum of three years of general pediatric training plus an additional two to three years of fellowship training in pediatric emergency medicine.
Better Access to Care
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center equipped to manage acute traumatic injuries directly from the field
- Rapid triage and rooming of patients by the Patient Floor Coordinator
- In 2015, our average Door-to-Doctor time was about 43 minutes
- Team Triage: an area for rapid Medical Screening and patient discharge with an average daily Door-to-Doctor time of 40 minutes
- Acute traumatic injuries
- Asthma (requiring emergency intervention)
- Cancer (requiring emergency intervention)
- Critical illnesses
- Hemophilia (requiring emergency intervention)
- Infectious conditions such as:
- Acute gastroenteritis
- Leukemia (requiring emergency intervention)
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Sickle cell disease (requiring emergency intervention)
- Sports related injuries
- Urgent care
- Trauma and Critical Care services
- Emergency pediatric medicine
- Orthopaedic and sport-related injury service
- Radiology and Medical Imaging available 24/7 for emergency care, including imaging services such as MRI scans and X-rays
- Rapid medical screening and evaluation
- Direct access to Valley Children’s pediatric subspecialists either through consultation in the Emergency Department or referrals for follow-up care
- Trauma and Surgery services provided for illnesses and injuries requiring surgery and trauma care
- Air and ground Medical Transport provided for complex critically ill children
JSA Health Telepsychiatry is a behavioral health telemedicine practice that provides 24/7 access to high quality telepsychiatry care for a wide variety of settings including emergency departments, community health clinics, educational institutions, correctional facilities and a wide variety of distant locations including cruise ships throughout the world’s oceans. We use high-definition HIPAA compliant telemedicine technologies to connect patients and healthcare organizations to experienced mental health professionals. For more information please call 1-888-792-7122 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.